Terms & Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions and amendments
3. Copyright and Licenses
This Website and the entire contents contained on this Website, including but not limited to: text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, are the sole and exclusive property of Normist. All such contents and materials are protected by domestic and international copyright and trademark laws. You hereby agree not to modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any portion of the Website or any contents contained on the Website without the prior expressed written consent of Normist.
4. LicenseNormist grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and make use of the contents or information available on the Website for your personal use and not to download or modify it, or any portion of it, except with the express written consent of Normist. You may not reproduce, duplicate, adapt, copy, sell, resell, transmit or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose this Website or any portion of this Website without the express written consent of Normist. You agree not to interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Website in any way.
Normist authorizes you to view and download the information and materials available on this Website only for your personal, non-commercial use. This authorization shall not constitute a transfer of title in and to the materials and is subject to the following restrictions: (a) you must retain, on all copies of the materials downloaded, all copyright and other proprietary notices
5. Prohibited Conduct
User expressly agrees to refrain from doing, either personally or through an agent, any of the following “Prohibited Conduct”:
- Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer any virus, advertisement, communication, or other item or process to the Site that in any way affects the use, enjoyment or service of the Site, or adversely affects lynda.com’s computers, servers or databases.
- Capture, download, save, upload, print or otherwise retain information and content available on the Site other than what is expressly allowed by these Terms.
- Permit or provide others Access to the Normist using Your user name and password or otherwise, or the name and password of another authorized User.
- Copy, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, alter, create derivative works from, assign, license, transfer or adapt any of the software, information, text, graphics, source code or HTML code, or other content available on the Site.
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark, legal notices, or other proprietary notations from the content available on the Site.
- Transfer the Site content to another person; “frame,” “mirror,” “in-line link,” or employ similar navigational technology to the Site content; or “deep link” to the Site content.
- Violate or attempt to violate lynda.com’s security mechanisms, Access any data or server You are not authorized to Access or otherwise breach the security of the Site or corrupt the Site in any way.
- Engage in any other conduct which violates the Copyright Act or other laws of the United States.
- Use any device (such as a “web crawler” or other automatic retrieval mechanism) or other means to harvest information about other Users, the Site or lynda.com.
- Use the Site to violate a third party’s intellectual property, personality, publicity or confidentiality rights; upload, download, display, publish, perform, create derivative works from, transmit, or otherwise distribute information or content in violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights.
- Misrepresent Your identity or personal information when Accessing the Site; forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail so that the e-mail appears to be generated by lynda.com.
- Post obscene, harassing, defamatory, filthy, violent, pornographic, abusive, threatening, objectionable or illegal material on the Site; post a communication that advocates or encourages criminal conduct or conduct that may give rise to civil liability.
- Advertise or otherwise solicit funds, goods or services on the Site.
- Provide any commercial hosting service with Access to the Site and/or the content on the Site.
To ensure that Users of the Site do not engage in Prohibited Conduct, normist.com.au reserves the right to monitor use of the Site and reserves the right to revoke or deny Access to the Normist to any person or entity whose use of the Normist suggests Prohibited Conduct. Access of the materials available at the Normist beyond that of normal patterns of use that suggests systematic copying of the materials constitutes abuse of the Normist and will result in revocation or denial of Access to the Normist. The terms “normal patterns” and “abuse” shall be determined solely by normist.com.au.
6. Keep your Normist account safe
You must take all reasonable steps to keep your Normist Account password safe at all times and never disclose it to anyone. If you have any indication or suspicion of your Normist Account, login details, password or other security feature being lost, stolen, misappropriated, used without authorisation or otherwise compromised, you are advised to change your password. You must contact us without undue delay on becoming aware of any loss, theft, misappropriation or unauthorised use of your Normist Account, login details, password or other security features.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Normist from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, Normist, or any other party or parties without limitation or exception. This indemnification and hold harmless agreement extends to all issues associated with your account.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty
Access to Normist Web Site is provided to our customers and prospective customers "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. Normist reserves the right to block or deny access to the Web Site to anyone at any time for any reason.
9. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL Normist BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FOR USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEB SITES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENT, EVEN IF VICTORIA'S SECRET IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing limitations on liability may not apply to you.
10. Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
11. Applicable Law
By visiting the Website, you agree that the laws of the state of Northern Territory, Australia, without regard to principals of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms & Conditions and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Normist.
Part 2 Online Shopping Terms
12. Payment Terms
Any purchase via the website shall be payable on placement of the order, unless you have a prior approved credit account with Normist.
All prices specified on the website are guides only and are subject change without notice. The agreed Price for any purchase on the website shall be the price specified in the Company's acceptance.
Your ability to purchase products from this website may be terminated by Normist at any time without notice.
Part 3 Conditions of Use
- All goods belong to Normist Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries until paid for in full. We claim full Retention of Title should the need arise.
- It is agreed by me/ us to pay all expenses incurred by Normist Pty Ltd however arising from the collection of monies owed by me/ us.
- All returns must be claimed within 14 days from the invoice date.
- All goods returned for credit must be in their original packing and be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice.
- No credit will be issued until goods have been inspected and approved as being in saleable condition.
- A 20% restocking fee will apply to goods returned. Special manufactured items may not be returned.